MIXED AGES ~ Music Together®
Newborn - 5 years with Adult(s)
This is the essential Music Together class, one that a child can attend from birth through kindergarten—and through all nine song collections.This basic class follows the recommendations of child development researchers--grouping children of a variety of ages in one class. This approach fosters natural, family-style learning where younger children enjoy watching and imitating older ones; older children learn by leading younger ones; and adults are happy because the children in the family can go to class together. Each child participates at his or her own developmental level in singing, moving, chanting, listening, observing or exploring musical instruments.
We welcome the whole family to join in this important family music experience and any caregiver—parents, grandparents, nanny—can bring the child(ren) to class.
MIXED AGES ~ Canta y Baila Conmigo®
(Newborn - age 5-years with Adults)
Designed for beginners and native speakers alike, Canta y Baila Conmigo® creates a playful, interactive atmosphere where language learning is integrated naturally and organically in the musical experience.
With Canta y Baila Conmigo you and your child will be transported as you sing, dance and play along to the irresistible sounds and rhythms of Spanish speaking countries.
BABIES (Birth - 8 mos)
- A curriculum with dual, complementary goals of music and language immersion
- Informal instruction in a supportive, joyful setting
- Beautiful, professionally recorded music collections carefully selected to represent the wide variety of Hispanic musical traditions and genres
- An illustrated Spanish-language family songbook including music notation, lyrics and information about the origins of the songs
- An optional English Language Supplement with song translations, vocabulary and grammar points for families learning Spanish
Newborn to 8 months
Designed as a one-semester introduction to the Music Together®; program, this class is designed for new moms who have babies eight-months and younger. Music activities such as finger play, lap songs & song without words are designed especially with this age-group in mind. Our Babies Song Collection will help adults take the class experience home to others in the family. A great way to have fun yourself, learn how they learn, bond with your baby and meet other new moms.